INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?
- Do you work all the time, but have trouble making ends meet?
- Have you missed work because your child care is not reliable?
- Do you want to move up in your career, but you need more training or education?
- Are you one car repair or financial emergency away from being pushed over the edge?
Level Up is a pilot program designed to provide you with information and referrals for services including job skills training, scholarships, basic needs supports, mental health resources, and one-on-one support from a Family Career Navigator. Level Up helps you provide for your family by finding work that is meaningful to you AND pays a livable wage.
Level Up can help you...
- Find quality affordable child care or care for aging parents.
- Access training, licensing, and credentialing opportunities.
- Connect to basic supports (rent, utilities, child care) while you develop skills employers wants.
- Develop your family's financial wellness plan (budgeting, debt reduction, savings).
- Develop and deepen support systems among friends and neighbors.
Depending on your personal goals and financial situation, the program will last anywhere from 12-24 months.
Lake Area United Way established the United for Families Network to begin laying the groundwork for successful cross-sector collaborations and coordinated action.
What is United for Families Network?
The United for Families Network (UFFN) is an initiative of Lake Area United Way, focused on bringing together non-profits, faith based organizations and service providers that share a common mission of supporting struggling working families in Lake County. UFFN members are committed to a common goal - improve the quality, availability and accessibility of supports for Struggling Working Families in Lake County
Membership is free to non-profit organizations, faith based organizations, and government entities that serve the needs of Struggling Working Families. Interested in learning more? Reach out to Andrea Proulx Buinicki for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network Connection Gatherings
Unique monthly gatherings ideal for case managers, program front-line staff and executive leaders to connect. Gatherings include networking opportunities with fellow providers, professional development opportunities, group discussions on challenges/barriers to serving Struggling Working Families, and collaboration opportunities
To register for this month's meeting, email Andrea Proulx Buinicki.
Network Connection E-Update
Receive our monthly e-newsletter and receive timely updates on Network activities, learn of new programs/resources specifically for ALICE households, stay connected to network gatherings and special events.
United for Families Network members gain free access to CharityTracker, a sophisticated web application for shared case management, used to gather and report statistical data for resource development, strategic planning, measuring outcomes, reducing duplication and disaster relief.
United for Families Network is made possible with the generous support of ArcelorMittal.
To download information about United for Families Network, click here.