Lake Area United Way's Community Campaign in local workplaces is about bringing people together to tackle our community's most difficult issues—because no one person or organization can do it alone. Whether you're a small business, a major corporation, or a public sector organization, you can join more than 300 local businesses and organizations in Lake County that run workplace campaigns each year.
Participating in the Lake Area United Way Campaign in the workplace gives organizations and their employees the opportunity to GIVE, ADVOCATE, and VOLUNTEER, advancing the common good in our communities.
Every workplace campaign is different and can be shaped around your organization's culture. We’re here to help every step of the way.
We can help you set up your campaign so that employees can contribute through payroll deductions or easy-to-use online tools. Many companies maximize their impact by matching their employees' giving.
Horseshoe Casino employees
at Pack-a-Palooza 2013
PARTNERING WITH LAKE AREA UNITED WAY MAKES GOOD BUSINESS SENSE
In today’s competitive marketplace, your customers have high expectations. Your company’s growth and the community are intrinsically linked. Aligning your business with Lake Area United Way is one of the most effective ways to let your customers and employees know that you are committed to their community and their quality of life.
Consider these facts:
- 85% of Americans have a more positive image of a company when it supports a cause they believe in.
- When looking at corporate support, the highest priorities for Americans are: education, economic development and health.
- 90% believe companies should tell them how they support causes.
- 79% would switch from one company or to another if the other was connected to a good cause.
Source: 2010 Cone Cause Evolution Study and 2008 Cone Corporate Citizenship Study
Benefits to Your Company:
- Improved Customer Loyalty & Employee Relations
- Public Recognition for Community Involvement
- Corporate Awards Program & Event Sponsorships
- Employee Team Leadership Development
- Company Volunteering Opportunities
- Corporate Tax Benefits
Benefits to Your Employees:
- Opportunities to Give ▪ Advocate ▪ Volunteer
- Company Pride
- Employee Connection to Community Resources
- Convenience & Flexibility in Giving Options
- Leadership Growth & Teambuilding
- Tax Deductibility
Benefits to Your Community:
- Local Impact
- Increased Quality of Life
- Measurable Improvements in Education, Financial Stability, and Health
- Community Safety Net for families in crisis